- Location: Wilsonville, OR
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
This position is responsible for the collection, analysis, and reporting of sales and marketing-related data to Sales, Marketing and Senior Management, in order to forecast and optimize sales performance and marketing impact and spend. They are also responsible for cost to serve (by customer/product) analysis and other cost analysis as necessary. The position develops standardized tools, metrics, methodologies, and business processes aimed at improving the quality of information gathered, data measured, trends assessed and reports generated, as well as to measure sales force performance. It is also involved in identifying and participating in the implementation of systems that are critical in mining data to use in reporting and analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with business partners to develop a comprehensive annual sales budget based on sales team guidance, customer/market feedback, Company initiatives and historical sales trend analyses – including seasonality, channel, region, market, and product line.
• Provide internal business partners with daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales dashboards by top retailer customers, channel, region, market, and product line
• Develop a rolling sales and marketing forecasts, incorporating each team’s ongoing inputs, to assist in production planning
• Assist management in developing revised fiscal year sales and marketing forecasts, as needed, throughout the course of the year
• Help business partners with long-term, multi-year sales projections
• Create both standard and custom reports, conduct quantitative sales analyses by product and customer, and assess the impact of pricing, volume, and discounts on profit margins.
• Create both standard and custom reports, conduct quantitative marketing analyses by program and initiative.
• Provide variance analyses to budget and forecast including variances related to channel mix, ASP, product line, market, season etc.
• Utilize data provided by Channel Sales and Retail Marketing teams to quantify sales opportunities by new product line, region, market, industry, etc.
• Query, mine, and organize data from company’s systems and other information repositories in order to accurately perform analyses
• Produce customer-specific, industry-specific and market-specific analyses for sales department including trends in SKU mix, revenue growth, customer credits (such as returns and allowances, discounts, etc.) and profitability for both internal use and with key customers
• Proactively identify performance improvement opportunities by sales team members via developing and distributing various reports to assist the sales force in their daily and corporate-driven targeting efforts
• Develop and maintain international pricing for new distributors and new products
• Perform a variety of ad hoc financial analyses
• Prepare and deliver ad-hoc channel analysesProfitability Analysis
• Perform gross margin analyses by customer, channel, and product line and provide recommendations for margin improvement
• Provide profitability analysis for the channels, including the impact of marketing expenses on profitability
• Provide profitability analysis for marketing, including the ROI of marketing programs and initiatives
Sales Force Administration
• Develop and implement logical sales compensation schemes that effectively drive desired sales performance
• Track sales force performance and work with payroll/accounting to execute sales compensation
Reporting and Presentations
• Assist in the creation of business analytics and key performance indicators such as revenues/door, profitability by customer, channel, territory and product line, billings and backlog reporting and weekly attainment data
• Work with internal partners to prepare presentation materials and deliverables for executive committee meetings
• Timeliness and accuracy of the budget and sales forecasts
• Creation and reporting of meaningful and accurate metrics
• Ability to meet customer’s needs via ad hoc reporting
• Timely and accurate profitability analysis and reporting
• Polished, accurate, and timely presentation material for executive committee meetings
• Accurate and timely creation and publication of business analytics and key performance indicators
• Bachelor’s Degree, in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is preferred
• 2+ years of analyst experience in a multi-channel, sales and marketing environment. Consumer goods environment is preferred
• Expert user of excel, especially with regard to financial modeling, graphing and formatting for presentations
• Proven ability to develop complex and insightful dashboards for use by business partners (sales, management, customers, etc.)
• Ability to mine for required data from various sources, in less than ideal conditions (i.e. lack of system, multiple systems, etc.)
• Ability to develop reports and in formats that are suitable for presentation to high-level audiences
• Position will be based in Wilsonville, OR
• Full benefits package, including medical/vision/dental, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, FSA and 401(k)